Friday, November 28, 2008

The hunger ... getting caught up with RSS feeds and podcast subscriptions.

The hunger ... getting caught up with RSS feeds and podcast subscriptions.


Lately I've gotten really good at keeping up with all of my feeds and podcasts. Extra time at the gym and speed reading have helped sweep all of my subscriptions out of my in-box shortly after they arrive. Because of this I tend to find myself feeling a little anxious when I'm all caught up. I feel like maybe since I have the extra time maybe I should add another feed. Or another podcast. Or both!

And then I say: NO.

Why do I say no? Well, it took me a while to build up my subscriptions to the point where I felt I was covering all my bases without drowning in repeated or useless information. I should enjoy that I've found a good balance, one that allows me to actually consume this information at rate that actually affords me downtime as well. And so should you.

So if you're like me, and finally have your subscriptions under control, enjoy your free time instead of looking for new ways to fill it.

No comments: