Friday, November 14, 2008

Livid!

Livid!

Cafe 200 in the Aon building has me so furious right now I can barely contain myself. Three times in the past week I've gone down there at 2 p.m. to get a grilled cheese only to be told by the dude manning that station that they're "closed." Look dude, I've worked in the restaurant industry as everything from a chef to a manager and I know "closed" means you've started cleaning the grill because you want to get out of there. I understand that. But if the cafeteria doesn't close until 2:30 p.m. you can't start cleaning the grill that early! Put away your food tubs and all that other crap, but you can't turn the grill off until the restaurant is closed!

And the fact that management there is so shoddy that this has happened three times is driving me absolutely insane.

So three times in the past week I've stormed out of there and headed to other restaurants in other buildings, even though other stations in the cafeteria are obviously still open and have food. Way to win and keep customers folks.

Insult to injury? Today I walked to a Quizno's in another building, got sass from the chick at the register for wanting a plain turkey sandwich -- we don't make those, she says ... really? -- and I just sat down at my desk to eat said turkey sandwich to find out she smothered it in ranch. Great. I guess I'm eating from the fucking vending machine today.

No comments: