Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Best Albums of 2008...

The Best Albums of 2008...

Today is the day my albums of the year list goes up at Chicagoist. The list with write-ups is scheduled to go live later this morning now live, but since you're a loyal reader of this site I'll give you a sneak peak. Keep in mind that these are just the albums that grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and just would not let go in 2008. They aren't all works of high art, but they are all pieces that resonated with me and kept finding their way into regular rotation amongst playlists inhumanly stuffed with a constant influx of new material. This is the stuff that made a mark on me in 2008, and stand a decent chance of still seeping into my headphones awhiles down the road.

Check out the full write-ups on my picks on Chicagoist.


TANKBOY'S TOP 21 ALBUMS OF 2008
  1. TV on the Radio - Dear Science
  2. Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak
  3. Friendly Foes - Born Radical
  4. Sad Day For Puppets - Unknown Colors
  5. Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
  6. Rachael Yamagata - Elephants...Teeth Sinking Into Heart
  7. Supergrass - Diamond Hoo Ha
  8. The Features - Some Kind Of Salvation
  9. Ting Tings - We Started Nothing
  10. Lykke Li - Youth Novels
  11. Ladyhawke - Ladyhawke
  12. The Dandy Warhols - ...Earth To The Dandy Warhols...
  13. Sloan - Parallel Lines
  14. Raphael Saadiq - The Way I See It
  15. The Uglysuit - The Uglysuit
  16. Darker My Love - 2
  17. Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part One (4th World War)
  18. Mystery Jets - Twenty One
  19. The Feeling - Join With Us
  20. Weezer - Weezer (The Red Album)
  21. Girl Talk - Feed The Animals

No comments: