Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sometimes I forget that rock and/or roll is fun.


I went to see Mixtapes last night expecting a nice little pop rock show. I expected the band to be tight. I expected them to be entertaining. I did not expect them to be so good. Their records have these great doubled up girl/boy vocals and I was expecting the two people delivering those vocals to be somewhat twee. I did not expect a girl with a mostly shaved head who never stopped violently throwing herself around the stage and an equally animated dude playing electric guitar with his bare fingers. I did not expect a show to be so energetic and to see a room of kids so entranced and I did not expect to be reminded that music is supposed to make you feel all YEEEEEAAAAARGH YAY YAY YES YES YES!

I'm really, really glad I went.

No comments: