Monday, March 10, 2014

Bangerz.

Miley Cyrus in Chicago, photo by me.
I saw Miley Cyrus and not only lived to tell the tale, I had a pretty good time.* When writing my review of the show I struggled with whether to get into the whole "appropriate role model" thing with her vis a vis younger fans and decided that, no, I'm probably not really qualified to parse that discussion. In the ned I'm viewing people a couple generations removed from me at this point and all I have to do is say out loud to myself (at that age you would wear dresses in public because you thought 'why not/'"so I'm open to the idea of youthful expression I may find slightly foreign or uncomfortable without the need to condemn it.

YOLO, amirite?

*To clarify the entire experience, I had a good time at the show. Let's not talk about the nightmare that is suburban public transportation, or more accurately the complete absence of any dependably showing up resulting in me taking a cab to the show and walking for an hour and a half back to a train after the show. PACE busses can suck it. I'd tell them that to their faces if any had ever shown up even anywhere close to their posted schedule. Who knew someone could make the CTA look like a rock star?!

No comments: