Thursday, March 27, 2014

My ears are ringing.

Photo by me.
I've been going to shows for decades and luckily have no hearing loss because of that. I don't know why. I should be deaf, given the number of times I've been standing right next to a speaker that was in front of the stage. I'm just lucky.

However two times in recent memory I've woken up in the morning and been like "damn, what the fuck is up with my ears?!" The first time was after practicing with America's #1 Sweetheart when I realized that drumming without earplugs in the middle of a sea of amps was probably a bad idea, even for me. And the second time was this morning, after seeing Local H play a surprise show for Herb's birthday party at Liar's Club last night.

I guess I do have my limits. Does that mean I'm human after all?

No comments: