Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Better a bit about Bad Bad Hats super late than never, eh?

Bad Bad Hats
Did I really never write about Bad Bad Hats? That seems really odd, since I remember enjoying 2015's Psychic Reader quite a bit. I have no idea how it got lost in the shuffle.

I haven't heard much from the Minneapolis trio* since this album came out, but it looks like they are currently touring, so that's great news! I feel they may have gotten lost in the mix due to being one of the earlier bands starting to rock out in the vein of the current mixture of '90s indie with more polished pop hooks that is currently all the rage. And every time "Fight Song" or "Cruella" comes on my tankPHONE I'm always confounded by the fact neither one right hit it bigger.

Well, you can stream Psychic Reader below and see if you agree with me. If you do, their label is still allowing you to download the MP3 version of the album for free (WAV, CD or vinyl's gonna cost you though).



*Though judging by this photo they have kept plenty busy!

No comments: