Friday, September 01, 2017

The new LCD Soundsystem is very, very good. And I will tell you why.

Of course James Murphy looks tired, LCD Soundystem is a lot of work! Photo by Ruvan Wijesooriya
Like 98% of the music loving population I took news of LCD Soundsystem's "reunion" with a bit of skepticism. Was I happy one of my favorite bands would be creating new music again? Of course! Did it seem weird they were getting back together so soon after a long public goodbye? Sure it did! Was I worried my fandom would be tested when they debuted "call the police" and "american dream" on Saturday Night Live? I'd be lying if I said I didn't!

In the end, all my doubts and fears were laid to rest. Read my review of LCD Soundsystem's American Dream.

Also! Here is a bonus! The band released a 13 minute instrumental track that isn't on the album, and you can download it for free (for now)!

No comments: