Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Long hair, don't care?

It's actually even longer now, but I really love this photo.
I think my hair officially identifies as "long" again. In fact I don't think it's been this long since, say, the late '90s. And when you hit a certain age, and you realize your hair can actually be long again, without obviously thinning or being overly embarrassing, there's a part of you that is definitely loathe to get in its way. At the same time you are plagued by the question, "Do I look like an idiot?"

I know I'm unrecognizable to anyone that hasn't seen me in a long time. It's weird.

My boss told me the other day I'm about three months away from going full Robert Plant. Can I last that long? Winter is coming, and I survived summer without giving in and chopping this mass off my head, so we'll see. No matter what happens, at least I got to be a "long hair" one last time. And this time around, I just let it do what it wanted to do. Every time I had long hair in the past I kept trying to tame it, and force it to be straighter or more coiffed or, just, not look what I thought to be insane. This time around I'm letting the volume go, the curls grow, and I've just stopped worrying about it.

Sorry, this is totally self-indulgent, but I just wanted to get it out there.

No comments: