Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Kleerup is back and is just the aural release our ears, brains and boogie-machines need right now.


It's been a while since I last listened to anything from Andreas Kleerup. According to his own artists bio, he's been dealing with various personal issues over the past few years, so that would explain why there's been such a long wait for another proper album since his debut, Kleerup, in 2008. But here we are, and earlier this month Kleerup finally released his proper sophomore effort, 2.

One track from that album, "UR" featuring the vocals of Rebecca Facey, popped up in my earbuds this morning and reminded me I hadn't given the whole thing a proper listen. So I did. The first note I wrote was:
Kleerup continues to push forward that dance producer goes pop thing and the results are so smooooooth. Equally perfect for late night jams, early evening power-ups, and creating a fabulous sense of playful sophistication that'll turn any living room into a late-night danceteria.
Also, the album's a real grower, as the songs hold up and blossom under repeated spins.

Here's "UR." If you dig this taste, you'll definitely love the whole meal that is 2.

No comments: