Tuesday, November 03, 2020

What's your post-voting plan?

There was so much talk about creating a voting plan to ensure your ballot is cast and counted, but I don’t think anyone extended that plan to cover what to do after you vote. What do you do in the gap between doing your civic duty and the final results?

Four years ago I spent election night alone, growing steadily more horrified as the evening went on. 

This year I’ll be spending the evening alone again, fervently hoping that the results will at least give me hope, even if it’s not gonna immediately solve all our problems. But I will probably not be watching TV in real time for most of the night, instead opting to catch up with season two of Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency. There’s nothing I can do about the results of the election at this point, so I’m trying everything I can to keep from obsessing over them right now.

Whatever your voting plan may be, make sure it includes some voting post-care. Look out for yourselves and each other. 

We’re all in this together. Except Trump. He’s a dick. Still.

No comments: