Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Count every vote!

I'm flabbergasted. Again. While it appears Joe Biden is on track to easily win the popular vote, we still have about half a nation that is voting in ways I simply no longer understand, and Trump could still take the Electoral College. But the votes are still being counted, no matter what the current President says. So we just have to sit tight.

Instead, for today, I went through the archives and here are my reactions to all the elections since this website launched and thought I'd share them with you.

2004: This was the year I just shared some of John Resh's thoughts and ... it is shocking how timely it is when you re-read it.


2012: I was so optimistic!

2016: It took me well over a week to stop posting short, scattered blasts that illustrated just how thrown I was, but I finally did manage to collect a few thoughts at the time.

2020? We'll see. No matter what the final results, the U.S.A. is. not the country I thought it was and, for the first time in my life, I don't know if it ever will be. But hang tight—giving up simply isn't an option.

No comments: