Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Lost somewhere between the earth and my home today.


I often think of The Geraldine Fibbers, actually. How they shoulda been bigger. How unique they were. How sexy was their sound. How otherworldly Buzolich's voice and how its expanse swallows you and surrounds you with every emotion and stimuli imaginable from within its acrobatic depths. How gnarled and tangled they got those guitars. How their proper full-length debut never stood a chance on a Major label in 1995 and that is just all the more reason to love it. How that debut hasn't aged a day because it was always ahead of its time. How much I fell and am still in love with every new nook and cranny my ears and/or brain discover each time I listen. 

How random it was that I was looking for something to listen to that was meaningful to me on my birthday and when I fired up Lost Somewhere Between The Earth And My Home I also hopped online to see if the band had been up to anything I missed in the last, oh, 20 years since I last checked up on them and whammo-blammo can you believe it they just released Lost Somewhere Between The Earth And My Home on vinyl last year and it includes the first new track from the band in 20 years (!) as a bonus so I immediately ordered a copy of my own and that was pretty exciting.

No comments: