Friday, September 11, 2026

Nothing to do this weekend? Consider these last minute plans!

Photo of MEGG by Sarah Rosin.
It's a pretty jam-packed weekend in Chicagoland if you're looking for under the radar music options. 

I wrote about MEGG late last year and was knocked out by her "big riffs that would've rocked the original WARPED Tour crowds, mixing of-the-moment pop-cultural references with the maturity someone in their mid-30s, creating a sound that deserves plastering teenage walls with posters off her." 

MEGG plays her first show in Illinois ever just outside of Chicago at Tivoli Bowl in Downer's Grove tonight. I have NO idea what to expect from the other 3 brands on the bill or the venue itself, but I'm diving into the unknown while I still have a chance to see MEGG perform in a teensy tiny space.

And tomorrow, we are ridiculously awash in 2 excellent local music options. Rory Lake's Boosterfest fundraiser is happening in Bucktown, and it has been a heckuva long time since I last visited Post 923, but with a bounce house and bands like The Dead On, Invisible Solids, and Discoveries of the American Scientific you can be sure I'll be making an appearance.

And across town on Saturday, Montrose Saloon continues their 2-day End Of Summer Music Fest. Both Friday and Saturday are filled with great bands, but Saturday features some personal faves including Dave Suh & The Dirty Wings, Danimal Farm, and The Bon Mots. While I Weill never understand why local bands and promoters who are all really tight keep scheduling EVERYONE playing on the same day at different venues, the Montrose show goes late into the night, so one could easily hop from Booster Fest to Montrose and experience a massive Saturday of some of Chicago's best bands. 

No comments: