Monday, August 25, 2003

Am I balding? No, really.

Okay, I’m not balding at all but it sure feels that way since I got my hair cut. I’ve gone from wavy, Roman philosopher boy/stand-in for one of the guys in The Strokes to sleek, sharp and well-coifed. I only get my hair cut about two or three times a year so it’s always a pretty radical change in appearance and I can guarantee you many folks who deal with me more infrequently will not recognize me. This is kind of fun and Photogal always enjoys in when I’m a bit disguised and we can actually have a drink at a bar without somebody talking to me about an upcoming gig, asking my opinion on a new CD or forcing me to do yet another shot with them Photogal really hates when I do lots of shots when she’s around. Unless of course she is doing lots of shots too.

Other than that there isn’t all that much to report. I apologize to any Sloan fans I got all excited with my review of their latest disc and reported the release date as Aug 19. I guess that release date was for Canada and was pushed back anyway due to production problems caused by the blackout (much the same way I suspect the Mr Show Season Three DVD was delayed godamnit!) You could do what I did though when I realized I’d have to wait for the disc to become available in the USA and got to the MapleMusic site and order the disc from there.

If you’re not a Sloan fan please ignore the above paragraph. However it would really be a shame if you weren’t a Sloan fan since they really are the best musical export Canada has offered in, oh, twenty or so years.

No comments: