Tuesday, June 29, 2004

It’s (almost) yer berfday!

Yes boys and girls, at midnight tonight I mark another year passed on my biological calendar. Well, legally. I was actually born a little after 7pm on June 30, and if you really want to be persnickety cell masses that eventually turned into me started forming about nine months or so before that, but as far as the Man is concerned my birthday starts at midnight.

I always try to make sure I and my friends have as much fun as possible on my birthday so this year I've split it into two parts! Part one occurs tonight while Rudy and I man the decks at Ten56 and play music to make the little girls and boys cry their eyes out and wiggle their booties to. We'll also be giving out discount passes (and maybe a freebie or two) to Part Two of the birthday festivities.

What’s part two?

Well it's the Tankboy Birthday Show at Double Door featuring some of my favorite Chicago bands! The evening will open with DJ Photogal spinning some tunes with yours truly popping a few in as well. Then the glam-poppers The Ladies and Gentlemen, lead by good buddy Skid Marks, will take the stage. After them is the inimitable Woolworthy whom I’m lucky to count as close friends of mine and all around terrific guys. Watch out ladies! Then Cisco Pike follows; a supergroup of sorts featuring Pat McIntyre and Randy Payne, Scott Lucas of Local H and Tom Szidon. These guys write killer songs that sort of tip-toe in shoegazer territory but are firmly rooted in really melodic rock and/or roll. Closing out the evening will be The Bomb, led by one of my top local heroes Jeff Pezatti the ex-singer for punk legends Naked Raygun. If there’s still time and/or people left standing, Photogal and I will probably spin for a bit after the show as well.

I love my friends and I love being able to throw a big ol' party for everybody on my birthday. So pack yer bags, hop a flight, catch a cab and get yer ass to the rilly big shew!

No comments: