Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Well now THAT sucked.

Our security alarm just went off and we can’t figure out what tripped it. Movement on the back porch sparked it but no one was out there and the only thing I can deduce is that the motion sensor caught the cat through a window or something. I mean, there’s no one there but it still took the adrenaline a little while to bubble down as I stalked from room to room with a baseball bat to make sure there was nobody besides me, Photogal or the animals in the house. Creepy. I guess I’m up for the day.

It’s funny, we live on the far west side of Chicago and just a few blocks away sits one of the more affluent suburbs in the area but my neighborhood is still a bit rough. Accordingly we need an alarm and I can honestly say it’s the first time in my life living anywhere with a security system even though this certainly is not the roughest neighborhood I’ve ever lived in. Alarms do a really good job of making you feel safe while at the same time feeding the paranoia that there’s somebody out there and they are trying to get into your house.

Brrrrr.

On the bright side I’m getting an early start on the day so I’ll be home in plenty of time to DJ tonight. Oh yeah, that brings us to the entry directly below…

No comments: