Friday, August 12, 2005

I am the picture of piety.

Get it? To the right I’m a picture. I’m in Papal robes thus making me pious? Therefore I’m the picture of piety? I swear, sometimes my genius is wasted on you people.

Anyway, Decadence Man was a cartoon version of me from, oh 1995-1996 or so. My sidekick was Gutterboy (embodied in person and in ink by my good friend Mark Harmon…no, not that Mark Harmon) and we had all sorts of crazy adventures involving Bombay Sapphire Gin, cigarettes and women. And that time I took over the Papacy. We had stickers all over Chicago (many of which were wiped out when Danny’s was renovated and began its decline into sucktitude) and general fun was had by all who encountered the cartoon duo and their real-life counterparts. It was some of our real life antics that captured the fancy of a young female rock and/or roll loving photographer who, for better or for worse, has found herself tangled up in my orbit for the last decade or so.

Anyway, enjoy this illustration from one of my little black sketchbooks (feel free to click it to view it as a larger hi-res picture) and enjoy your weekend. I’m off to work early so I can get the hell out of there and start enjoying my own weekend just as soon as possible!

No comments: