Thursday, December 06, 2007

Mutable features.

Mutable features.

I have recently been told I look like the following people. Let's have a little fun, review a few of them, break 'em down and do a little analysis.

Dierks Bentley
I had no idea who this guy was (he's a country singer), but after seeing photos of him I can a) understand why someone would see a resemblance and b) now know why people stare at me in Michigan and whisper when I walk by. Apparently they think I am he. Yet it still hasn't gotten me so much as a free ice cream cone!

Christian Bale
This one came Thanksgiving night at Liar's, and I thought the girl was high, until Balls looked at me and said, "You know, I wouldn't have thought it myself, but I can sort of see it." In that case, can I get myself a set of Bale pecs and abs too please?

James Hetfield
I don't have his bad skin, but i could understand why someone would see this as well, especially since he and I have goatees. Believe me when I say that this comparison has almost caused me to shave the entire topography of my face down to the skin though.

Beck
I think it's the blonde hair and combination babyface with masculine features that got this comparison. I like to think I look a bit more solidly sturdy than Beck though.

Brad Pitt
This one came from a cashier at Starbucks who obviously needed her vision checked. I appreciate a compliment as much as the next guy, but let's at least make it semi- believable!

Brendan Benson
Face it, dude stole me whole look at last year's Lollapalooza. And we both sweat alot, so fair enough on this one too. Although if you've ever seen him up close you'd realize that we, in fact, look nothing alike.

A lion.
This observation came after seeing this photo, where it looks as if I'm about to eat Keep's head. O.K., I can see the resemblance there.

Sissy Spacek

O.K., this one isn't so recent, but one girl in college thought that, with my really long hair and tall-n-lean 22-yr-old physique, I looked like Sissy Spacek from a distance. Further proof that our appearance isn't something really all that solid and physical, since when it comes to the way other people actually see us, there's a whole lot of other factors influencing their mental vision.

JUST ADDED: Josh Homme
I just got this from Julie in the comments and remembered my old friend Natalie had made the same observation last week. Again, I sort of see it in how we're built (tall, similar hair color, etc.) but having stood next to the dude I have problems seeing the similarity. Although if we do look similar, that would explain why Photogal has put up with me for so long.

Have any observations of your own? About how I look? Or better yet, people you've been told you resemble?

No comments: