Thursday, April 24, 2008

It has, thus far, been an unusually good year in music.

It has, thus far, been an unusually good year in music.

Last year I was so "blah" about the music scene in general that I still haven't technically compiled my best of list for 2007. 2008 is the polar opposite though, and I'm gonna have a hell of a time fitting my favorites in this time around ... and it's only April!

Currently kicking my ass are new ones from my Morning Jacket, The Futureheads, Ladytron, Local H, M83, The Duke Spirit, Mystery Jets, Santogold, Supergrass, Walter Meego, Yelle, and Dark Meat. And those are discs coming out soon or that have just been released. Delving further back I run into a wall of offerings so huge I don't even know where to start!

Anyone else getting this vibe? I mean, I am stoked that there's so much great stuff coming down the pipeline this year, but i wonder if it's just me, or is everyone else noticing it too?

Anyway, to hear some of what I'm talking about, come on out to Liar's Club tonight for another Bomb Squad Thursday with me and JB. Feel free to bring your song requests with you.*

*A caveat, no Gin Blossoms. I played that Saturday, thus fulfilling my quota of spinning that song for the next six months, at least.

No comments: