Monday, August 17, 2020

An inspirational Monday tune for you.

Art by Chadwick.
I listened to my copy of situationchicago last week, the massive double album whose proceeds will go to help support the survival of live music venues in Chicago. It is an eclectic mix of acts that covers all the terrain from free jazz to R&B to anthemic indie rock to just about everything you can imagine squeezed wherever it will fit. So that means everyone will walk away finding at least a few (though I predict it will actually be a lot) of good tunes to expand their musical horizons.

For me the outta-left-field sleeper track of a contribution comes in the form of Anthony Gravino's "Oh My God," which manages to feel simultaneously desperate and hopeful at the same time. I don't know much of anything about Gravino beyond his name as a recording studio talent I've seen on quite a few local releases, but this song certainly makes me wish he'd record more of his own stuff!*

Happy Monday!




*Huge apologies if we've met, sir, since we run in the same circles, but my memory ain't always the greatest in instances like this.

No comments: