Friday, August 28, 2020

Making waves on the future Oceanator.


If anyone can guess the reference in the title, you get a cookie.

Also, you clearly need some fine tunes to see you into the weekend. So allow me to introduce Oceanator to your ears! Elise Okusami's music project is directly rooted in '90s indie guitar rock, often reminding me of Bettie Serveert, with enough of a promising new voice to separate not from sheer tribute.

I've been sitting on this album for a few months, so I can confirm that it does hold up under repeated listens and its charms grow stronger instead of fading.* So throw this on, sit outside, and enjoy he weekend!




*Seriously, having time to actually digest new music and figure out whether it holds up over a span of weeks vs. a 24-hour turnaround for a post makes a huge difference when it comes to confidently recommending something.**
**I almost reflexively added a smiling face emoji here!

No comments: