Thursday, August 20, 2020

Breaking the tedium.

I'm taking tomorrow off work, and am determined to do something that will finally break the tedium of every single day feeling exactly the same. I woke up Sunday and flipped open my computer, ready to work, because I honestly thought it was Monday. I didn't do anything over the weekend any different than any other day, so I guess it's no surprise that actually happened.other than me (and Pickle) for over three months, and I can count the number of in-person interactions with friends and family on one hand since this whole thing began in March.

This shocked me.

This shocked me primarily because time is passing and I feel I'm having no impact on the world outside my 9-to-5 responsibilities. Heck, I'm barely even watching much TV any longer. It's mostly reading books, walking, or listening to music. Or sitting still for minutes at a time at night before I realize I've been stuck in neutral as I tried to decide on the next thing to do. And deciding doing nothing is actually not all that terrible in that moment.

But I am so used to doing something. Lots of things, in fact. So many things!

But I'm getting used to slowing it all down and managing my pace since I'm in it to win it in the long run, now. And I'm thankful for the time I've had to reflect and focus on making myself the best person I can be.

But it is getting a little lonely, lately.

No comments: