Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Tankboy…public speaker extraordinaire?

So I have to get into work quickly today as we have another sales meeting tomorrow (we have two a year) and I need to make sure I’m prepared. Usually I have to speak at these things and present new products and let everyone know what’s on the horizon but this time around most of the stuff I’m working on isn’t really ready to be shown yet (obviously very cool stuff and very top secret!) so I, for the first time since I started working her, will attend the meeting as an observer only.

I have found out that a few of my co-workers are a little bummed I’m not speaking since I tend to be pretty relaxed and can’t help but throw in slightly sarcastic asides and occasional glimpses of wit. I have always been really nervous about getting up in front of crowds and usually freak out about it just before the fact. However once I’m up there, I tend to warm to and take control of the situation. From my earliest days of singing solos in grade school to singing paeans to sex and girls in my college band to singing Pixies or Neil Diamond covers at Live Band Karaoke I guess I’ve always been a natural on the stage.

Anyway, that kind of got off track, since I was basically throwing down a few words to explain why I couldn’t write a whole bunch before work today…and then I wrote a whole bunch.

Possum update!

He/she was caught in the cage this morning! He/she is much smaller than I thought (I had only seen its head before) and very cute. The animal control company we hired is coming out to pick the possum up and deliver it to some rural area where this guy lets them be deposited on his land.

Tonight!

You know the drill, me and Rudy spin all the fun stuff at Ten56…and this week we are joined by guest DJ (and Double Door production manager) DJ VNLO. VNLO is always fun to spin with since he’s got great taste and he always pushes me and Rudy to go even further out than we usually do in search of unlikely dance hits to attack the masses with.

Early warning!

Speaking of DJing, me and Rudy will be at InnJoy this Friday, July 23. A fancier sound system, more room for our rock and/or roll boys and girls to dance, yuppies to annoy/win over and tasty drinks are sure to make this night a smash!

No comments: