Monday, September 20, 2004

Dreams of a well-traveled man.

It must be because I fell asleep with Channel 11 on, but I had the best dream where I was drafted to be one of those folks with their own Public Television Show that traveled the world and checked out all kinds of cool stuff so folks could live vicariously through me. This means something, doesn’t it? What kind of credentials do you need for a show like that? Do you have to speak more than three languages to even be eligible for a job like that?

Aw, who am I kidding? One of the main things those folks have to do is sample the exotic local cuisine at each stop and I’m just not an adventurous gourmand. Something tells me the viewers at home would be pretty bored watching me eat macaroni and cheese in some hut in Pakistan of Thailand.

Then again, maybe that’s my hook! Follow Tankboy and watch him bumble his way around local customs and eateries. It might not catch on here in the U.S.A. but something tells me a show like that could be comedic gold elsewhere in the world.

Okay, enough fantasy. It’s six on a Monday morning and it’s time to face the fact that I’m at the bottom-end of at least forty hours of work this week. I’ve also got to go get the battery out of my car – that’s been languishing in an alley behind the garage of the last mechanic to look at it – and then arrange for a charity to pick it up. Oh yeah, and the gym…must make it to the gym since I slacked all weekend…man, being a grown-up can sure be a downer sometimes, eh?

No comments: