Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Rock and/or Roll.

I’ve been kind of silent on the band and concert front lately, I suppose. Blame work. Busy busy busy. Anyway, I have apparently been drafted into a band with Kip and Jim from America’s #1 Sweetheart and John from American Cosmonaut. The master plan is to write one insanely catchy pop song and then blast through a bunch of other songs. First I need to get part of my drum set back from this guy Sascha. If this actually pans out it’ll be a little off playing drums in a band rather than singing. Hell, the only bands I’ve ever played drums in never actually took too much time to actually write songs so we’ll see what happens.

Also, Gina gave me an advance copy of the new Rockit Girl disc and it is tee-rific. Seriously. This will blow you away. I’ve teased her over the past year about the glacial pace with which this album proceeded up until this point but now I see why it took so long. It takes a lot of work to craft something as kick-ass as this disc. I’m going to hold off reviewing it in hopes one of the other Done Waiting folks will – I don’t want to be blamed of bias – but I am happy to be hosting both the listening party at Ten56 next Tuesday with Rudy and the Rockit Girls. I’m also throwing the album release show/party at The Note the following Friday (see the Tankboy Events side-bar for details.)
__________

Seriosuly addictive.

Seriously. 3-D Pong. Play only if you have nothing to do for the next hour or two...

I'm behaving myself and waiting until I get home to indulge my inner Pong.

No comments: