Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Oooooooky Spoooooky!


Something tells me this would not go over well with Betty the Beagle.

(Wanna torture your pet? Buy the costumes here. You can also read more about pet costumes here.)
__________

The clear and present DJ.

So I made it through all of last night sober and learned one thing right off the bat: the people that come in for free beer from 8-9 (before I spin) are drunk by 9:30. I guess I never noticed since I was usually getting my own drink on while being preoccupied by playing music. Also it seemed as if everyone had to talk to me last night. Don't take that the wrong way though since it was great to catch up with some folks and such, it just seemed as if more folks wanted a slice of time last night than they usually do on a Tuesday. That's cool though as it's always nice to feel appreciated.

Also, two friends of mine from Normal who now work for different record companies came in with lots of free CDs for me, including the new disc by The Music which, judging from what I heard last night, ain't bad at all. I'm also digging the William Shatner cover of Pulp's "Common People" thanks to my label pals. (Hi label pals, I owe each of you a mix CD in return for all the cool stuff you've given me over the years.)

Earlier in the evening I watched some WB show One Tree Hill since Light FM had licensed a song to them and I was hoping to see how they used it. Well I didn't have to wait long as it was the first song they played -- over the intro to this week's show -- and they played a good 2 1/2 minutes of it! Apparently the same song will be used on the new Kelly Osbourne show next week so hopefully more folks in the industry will take note and finally give these guys the record deal they've deserved for so long...

And now I see the time and am thinking to myself, "Self, it is not unusual for you to get into work a little later than usual on a Wednesday since you are usually out late Tuesday night. Also, self, you stayed stone sober last night and you came home early. So, self, why the hell is it so late and you're still sitting at the computer. Usually if you haven't been out the night before, you're on the road by now!"

I guess that's my cue to vamos.
__________

Oh, waitaminute, two more quick things:


    No comments: