Thursday, March 23, 2006

This kills me, but...

So, does anyone out there want to buy a piano? I have mine listed on craigslist since Photogal has made it known that she would be less than pleased if we end up having to move the piano into yet another basement where it will hardly get played for years on end. I don't really want to sell it but have to concede that she has a point. I'm asking for $500 but that's just a conversation started...if I knew it was going to a good home I would take less.
__________

It’s craigslist kind of day!

So Photogal and I are still trying to rent the upstairs apartment in our building so we have it listed on craigslist. Obviously by doing this we open ourselves up to a fair number of scam e-mail attempts and yesterday Photogal just decided that enough was enough.

Here is the e-mail inquiry we received:

i came accross the ! posted rent advert.i ll like to know if its stillavailable.I am in london as at now where i just finished my degree! programme and relocating.kindly email me again with the below details so we can proceed and have some things done concerning the Rent.
Kindly email me with
1} RENT FEEMO ?
2} MOVE-IN DEPOSIT ?
3} ADDRESS OF THE PLACE FOR RENT ?
4) WILL YOU TAKE A CASHIERS CHEQUE FOR MOVE-IN DEPOSIT?
5} HOW LONG RENT LEASE DO YOU REQUIRE?
6) DO YOU HAVE PICTURES ?
7) HOW FAR IS THE STORES , BUS-STOP & TRAIN STATION FROM THE PLACE?

Now, the clue that this is a scam is the bit about the cashier's check. And here is Photogal's response (crafted with a little input from me):

Wow, this is such a great opportunity to rent to someone form another country. Do you have any rich uncles that recently died and you need my help getting his money out of escrow? Have you ever spent any time in Nigeria? I only take cash, feel free to send it to me, lots of it.

How awesome is Photogal? Pretty fucking awesome.

__________

And what about that big news?

I'm starting a new job in two weeks. I got an offer from this great company located in Oak Park and have decided to accept the position. I was bummed that I had to give my current boss my notice over the phone -- especially since I really like her and she is the main reason I stuck out the hellish commute day in and day out for the past three years -- but she's out of the country for a few weeks and this new place needs me ASAP. I am really excited about this change since there are many, many pros about the new job (good people, no commute to speak of, I can wear jeans to work) and only one real con (I do really like my current boss and am going to miss wortking for her).

So yeah, it's not a wedding or a birth announcement but I think it does qualify as really big news.

No comments: