Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Still catching up on 2019 albums and had an obvious thought that is now far too late to be funny, but I'm gonna share it with you anyway.

Why did everyone have their knickers in knots over how awesome / bad Great van Fleet was in 2019, as if they were the only option for people looking for new music that reminded you of a certain era / style / particular other band's stomping grounds when we could've all just agreed that the new Wolfmother kicks ass?

Now, let me get this out of the way and admit that the first year we had "celebrity" kickball at Lollapalooza, the Wolfmother gents were teammates of mine. But I assure you that has zero influence on me as far as giving their new music a huge thumbs-up! If those sorts of things affected my judgement I would never be able to watch Breaking Bad or enjoy a hobbit-central movie again since those people were always on the opposing teams, the few years this particular kickball tradition lived on (3? 4?).

And with that I think I've proven that I must be steadily moving to a better place internally since we have all obviously just witnessed the return of a patented and not very subtly humblebrag executed to avoid writing about much of anything else going on in the world.

You're welcome!


No comments: