Tuesday, February 18, 2020

The grooviest dog you ever did see.

Yesterday was a holiday in the U.S., and it's one of those holidays that some people get off work, many still need to go in, and postal carriers and school children frolic all the day long. And I was in the group that got the day off!

I didn't waste the day, per se. I did make it to the gym. And did a little shopping. And then returned home where I dedicated my day to reading books and watching TV and not doing any other dang thing. And it was so great! I woke up this morning refreshed and raring to go—just the way one should feel after a three day weekend.

I also listened to a few new albums and various other tunes that have been kicking around my playlists awaiting my attention, which is how I (far too long after the release of his initial tunes) found myself listening to some of Billy Ghost's output.

Billy has a real last name, and he uses that when fronting Chicago's The Kickback, but for this project he's just a Ghost. A hip-hop ghost? Sampledelic? Ghostledelic?

Whatever it is, it's mellow and the perfect soundtrack to an early sunrise after a night out, or just a chill soundtrack to surfing on your own couch with your favorite kitten and a killer pair of headphones. Something like that.

Get a taste below, then move on to all his other releases.

No comments: