Sunday, August 01, 2004

Cipro? I don't theenk so!

Day four and still no sign of internal combustion qua digestive troubles a.ka. "Montezuma's Revenge" even though yours truly, the hero of this particular narrative, has dared to eat the local food and even gone so far as to consume freshly squeezed unpasteurized juices and daring against all common sense by eating -– gasp –- drinking water containing ice-cubes that may or may not have been comprised of filtered agua.

Mexico has gone well so far. Obviously. Unfortunately this is indeed the last full twenty-four hours I will be spending here and I suspect they will not match the highs experienced thus far which have included but were not limited to: a bullfight, intensely good Flamenco dancing, the Mexican version of The Shaggs, a danceclub smaller than my family room and filled with more beautiful boys and girls than I could possibly ever hope to fit into my own family room, almost going to a cock-fight but running out of time, shopping at the Gigante and not having to use a single word of English and being oh-so-proud that Photogal and I accomplished this small miracle, as well as numerous other experiences I dare not describe yet as this is primarily a primer and a reminder so that I am able to flesh all of this out in a fuller and more respectable fashion at a later date.

No comments: