Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I don’t live in THE SUBURBS!!!

Okay, I have a few friends who think it's humorous to keep asking me how "suburban life" is treating me just because I moved out of Wicker Park. Now I'm the first to admit that, had I my druthers, I'd rather be living in the 'hood I've grown to love over the past decade. Right now, however, Photogal owns a nice house with a big yard and all kinds of cool amenities so I gues I'll just suffer and live in luxury for a while. Is that a crime?

However, even though I do live closer to Oak Park than Wicker Park, my new neighborhood is by no means "suburban." It actually reminds me of when I moved into Humboldt park about ten years ago. Rough, a little dangerous but definitely turning around.

Contrast this with Wicker Park, land of the H2 and the Jetta and legions of peroxide blondes shoe-shopping every weekend, and then tell me which tastes more like the suburbs.

Anyway, to the few of you who keep asking me how "suburban life" is I would like to make clear that while the question was funny and cutting the first dozen times you asked I have now just grown weary of it so cut it out, okay?

Hmmm…I just re-read that and it comes off a lot grumpier than I meant it to so keep that in mind, m'kay?
___________

TONIGHT

Rudy
and
DJ Tankboy
wanna blanket you
with love and good music.

But don't call us hippies, okay?
We don't wanna have to kick your ass.

Old school rock and/or roll attitude
mixed with only the finest selections
from yesterday, today and tomorrow.

TONIGHT, Tuesday August 31, 2004
Free PBR from 8-9pm
Stunning musical selections from 9pm until 2am

Features of the week:
We guarantee we'll play something off these new or unreleased albums!

Bjork - Medulla
Delgados - Universal Audio
Jimmy Eat World - Futures
Ted Leo/Pharmacists - Shake The Sheets
Radio 4 - Stealing Of A Nation
Elliott Smith - From The Basement On A Hill
The Twilight Singers - She Loves You

You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore…
And the legend of the rent...was WAY HARDCORE!!

Every Tuesday, only at Ten56.

No comments: