Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Everyone just relax…there’s nothing to worry about.

I had been fretting over the fact that my old beat-up -- and no longer so much hip as it is a relic that ties me to my hipper past – thick leather-banded watch was no longer keeping proper time. Had I beat it against one too many stone corners stumbling down sidewalks and trying to get into scuffles? Was there just too much crazy glue on the inside of the watch face (a watch face through which you can barely tell the time anymore since it’s so scratched up and covered up with the aforementioned crazy glue) that had built up during its work reattaching the cover umpteen times in the past couple of years? Was it just shoddy workmanship and proof that at thirty bucks I might have, as I suspected all along, overpaid for this particular time-piece?

Nope. The battery was just dead. Three bucks at Radio Shack and we’re off and running again.

Whew!

No comments: