Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Oh, Canada!

So I think my body is rejecting the nipple ring in my right nipple after ten years of it being there. I think the beginnings of this can be traced back to a rather, um, physical evening with a young lady a few years ago who has since moved to Canada¹. Let’s just say there was a lot of biting and scratching involved as well as a bit of nibbling on the aforementioned nipple ring and leave it at that. My nipple took a long time to heal after that.

Then, a few years later I was in Canada for a wedding and met another young lady who also seemed fond of my nipple ring and further exacerbated the issue. Then, years later Lucy the Dog – whom for all I know could originally be from Canada since we found her wild on the streets of Chicago – decided to use my right nipple as a launching pad onto my bed and got her claw stuck in my nipple ring. Ouch.

Well the end result is that the ring seems to have migrated ever so slowly closer and closer to the surface of my nipple, almost as if my body was saying, ”Enough! It’s time to leave now!” I’m holding on in hopes that things will eventually return to normal since I don’t want to go through the hassle of letting everything close up and heal and then have to re-pierce and re-stretch the hole in my nipple again…but I’m beginning to think that ain’t gonna happen.

So I'm blaming it all on Canada.

Just thought I’d share.

¹Canada has also swallowed up my little brother, his wife and my nephew as well. We've really got to do something about whatever recruiting methods they're employing!
__________

Now that I've probably ruined your breakfast...

...how about a nightcap?

You know the deal. Me. Rudy. Tonight. Ten56. New stuff from Elope, Fannypack, The Flaming Lips, Gorillaz, Maxïmo Park, Robert Pollard, and The Ponys. And, in honor of today's DIG! DVD release I'll be playing a bunch of Dandy Warhol and Brian Jonestown Massacre stuff.

Remember, Ten56 ain't around that much longer so you're running out of chances to see Sweet Alice Tuesday in its original environment!

No comments: