Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Who works in mysterious ways?

You know, after writing about how the love affair between tobacco and me seemed to be waning doesn't it seem strange that I suddenly get socked with the resurrection of the bronchitis I was fighting earlier this winter? Almost as if someone was trying to say, "Now really, is there even any doubt that smoking's so much worse for you than you thought?"

I really hope I feel better by tonight. Usually I would just ask Rudy to call on one of our legions of guest DJs to cover for me but since we never know whether or not this is our last Sweet Alice Tuesday at the Ten56 location I feel I must soldier on and spin through the wracking spasms that are valiantly trying to deliver the phlegm from the deepest reaches of my lungs.

Attractive, no?

Anyway...

TONIGHT

DJs Tankboy and Rudy Tuesday Photogal¹
have both transcended space and time.

Old school rock and/or roll attitude
mixed with only the finest selections
from yesterday, today and tomorrow.

TONIGHT, Tuesday April 26, 2005
Stunning musical selections from 9pm until 2am

Features of the week:

Weezer - Make Believe
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Spoon - Gimme Fiction
The Redwalls - De Nova
Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
Sleater-Kinney - The Woods
Cobra Verde - Copycat Killers
Dogs - Turn Against This Land
Fannypack - See You Next Tuesday
Stephen Malkmus - Face The Truth
Maxïmo Park - A Certain Trigger
Textbook - The Great Salt Creek
The Ponys - Celebration Castle
Turbonegro - Party Animals
The Tears - Refugees EP
The Cells - Mayday

Okay, we lied.
It was actually just time that we transcended...not space.

Every Tuesday.
Only at Ten56.



¹Rudy has acquired a new dog and is learning the wonders of all-night whining and constant neediness so he will be unable to attend this evening’s festivities. Don’t worry though; he’ll be back (God willing the bar is still open) next week. The night off is well worth it too since I can attest to the fact that spending as much time with a brand new puppy is just the sort of thing that is without a doubt waaaaay better and more satisfying than DJing.

As an added bonus you get Photogal as a guest DJ! How awesome is that? Expect lots of cowbell and classic boogie rock type music. Also expect her to try and steal my Weezer CD so she can play all the new tracks before I get a chance to. I figure I’ll stick the disc down my pants since that way, no matter what happens, I win!

No comments: