Wednesday, October 12, 2005

From time to time even I can admit defeat.

So when I woke up this morning I felt a bit off but I just assumed it was because I drank too much coffee too late in the evening and it hadn't worked its way through my system yet. Then at the gym I realized I was dying and massively curtailed the morning workout. Upon arriving at work I realized I wasn't feeling any better which was really odd. Apparently getting up between 4am and 5am every day and then running myself ragged for the past week and a half tends to start to have an adverse effect on me. When you throw in the fact that the girl I live with has been deathly ill with whatever the hell sort of demon virus has been going around that only complicates matters. Long story short…I'm home early from work today in the hopes that whatever little bug that is trying to take hold of and throttle my immune system gets knocked into submission before he does any real damage.

The moral of this story? I've got to start to learn my limits and admit that I am no longer a superhuman being that can continuously exert himself on little or no sleep. I thought since I no longer drink during the week that I could push myself even further than I used to but apparently that ain't as true as I'd hoped it would be.

No comments: