Monday, October 17, 2005

Sisyphus.

So Saturday morning I was all excited as I told Photogal that I only had one magazine to finish and then I was caught up on all of my periodical reading. No more New Yorkers or Harpers ir Atlantic Monthlies or Economists or anything. I might actually have free time to read one of the actul books that have been piling up on my "to-read" shelf! It's been a long slow task but I finally saw light at the end of the tunnel.

Someone should have told me that light was a train since the new Economist slid in through my mail slot a short time later. The Economist never makes it to me on a Saturday! It always shows up later in the week and I usually have read most of iton-line by the time the actual ink and paper version arrives. Someone upstais was obviously indulging in a laugh at my frustration. I wouldn't surprised if new issues of every single mag I have a subscription to appeared in today's mail. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

No comments: