Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Rocktober almost killed me.

Rocktober almost killed me.

Seriously, it did. Actually I'm sitting here struggling to find anything of worth to share with you. Ah, do you like The Annuals, Manchester Orchestra, and / or The Never? We're running a contest at Chicagoist to win tickets to tonight's show, but you have to enter before 11 a.m. C.S.T. ... so hurry!

My DJ schedule has slowed to a reasonable pace once again, so that means more time spent listening to new music, instead of picking through stuff I already know to play as the next track during a set. There's one Mark Lanegan collaboration I'm really digging, and I'm still trying to figure out if I enjoy the two dozen-plus Dylan covers of I'm Not There. I enjoyed the new Minipop upon first listen, but ain't sure whether it's holding up under repeated listens or drowning in its own orch-tweeness. I was really digging the new Fiery Furnaces one from beginning to end, but now realize it's time to cull a few tracks that upon first listen were interesting, but upon fifth or sixth just become grating.

Actually, there's an interesting question; when you load music onto a digital player (of any sort) to you edit to disc to excises songs you don't like, or do you keep the album intact out of respect for what you believe to be the artist's wishes?

NOTE: The picture in the upper right of this post of my pal Jesse has nothing to do with anything here, but click on it and groove on his massive mustache-chops combo! I kept asking him if he was running for president in 1836.

No comments: