Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Why I fear that, although I really want one, I will never be able to own an Apple computer.

Why I fear that, although I really want one, I will never be able to own an Apple computer.

It's pretty simple really: I type too hard. After years of having a really crappy keyboard on my ancient Compaq, my finger attack the keys like little ball-peen hammers. I truly feel sorry for my coworkers. (Well, most of them. They guy across from my is a loud typist too, so it's nice to have some company.)

Here's what a sentence looks like this when I type it on an Apple keyboard:
Hii thhere,, how aare you? (terrible spacing included.)

Is this because Apples are so perfectly engineered that all they require is a whisper-touch to pick out each letter Does this consign me to a world of nothing by regular PC-interaction for the rest of my life? it'd be fine if I was just using an Apple for design or sound purposes, but I get paid to write, dammit! A functioning keyboard that doesn't require me to correct almost every single word is sort of required!

Or am I missing something? Can you set an Apple keyboard to be less sensitive? Is there hope for me and my anvil-heavy monkey-fingers after all?

Photo by alcomm

No comments: