Friday, January 18, 2008

Random observations and exhortations.

Random observations and exhortations.

Let's do this.
  • I am DJing at The Burlington tomorrow night. Metromix was there last night to film a segment on the joint, so it must be cool. Plus, the house brew on tap is one of my favorite beers in the world. Double plus, it's the only bar in the city that let's me DJ whatever I want, so my sets there are always interesting! So put on a scarf, or twelve, and come on out! Exclamation mark! Now!
  • I can't stop listening to either the Twin Peaks or Blade Runner soundtracks. That's what I get for watching multi-DVD sets back-to-back. At least they're soothing so it's perfect for work while I'm racing against this massive deadline.
  • The Venom Lords are playing Ronnys tonight, go see them.
  • We have a show coming up with The Venom Lords and Farewell Captain on February 2 at The Mutiny. It will also be Keep's birthday. And my fellow Bomb Squad DJs JB and Lisa will be curating a dance party after the bands. The best part? I'm using The Venom Lords' drum kit, so I don't have to lug mine around. Or load them out! Too much awesome.
  • Speaking of awesome, have you been reading Chicagoist lately? We're on a pretty awesome roll right now.
  • Big news next Wednesday, but I'm not telling you what it is in fear I might jinx it and get bumped.
  • I got the keys to my new pad and was going to start moving stuff in this weekend. naturally I would pick the coldest weekend in months to decide to do this. Wish me luck.
  • Freelance checks that finally show up are awesome. Finding twenty bucks in a pair of jeans you haven't worn in, well to be honest, years is almost more awesome. It would be more awesome if the freelance check I was comparing it to wasn't considerably more than twenty bucks.There I am back on that "awesome" thing.
  • One last thing: YOU are awesome.

No comments: