Monday, July 07, 2008

Night terrors and sunny songs.

Night terrors and sunny songs.

I was having a particularly disturbing dream just now. In it, I had fallen asleep on the couch and was woken up by a sound coming from my bedroom. I walked over there to see a man standing (I'm getting chills just typing this) standing at the end of my bed and a lamp laying on its side at his feet. He just stared at me and said nothing, until I started to move towards the bed, having just noticed a large something underneath my sheet. He wrestled to keep me away from the bed and we got to the door of my apartment. I threw it open and tried to call for help by yelling "Fire!" but couldn't get my voice above a whisper.

Suddenly I woke up to find I had actually having fallen asleep on the couch, my heart was pounding, and I was slightly freaked out. The song below was playing on VH1 (they actually play videos at 3 a.m.!) and really helped calm me down. I know zero about the band, Carolina Liar, but it's a nice little tune, and it's sunny chorus helped bring my heart rate to a manageable level.

MP3: Carolina Liar "I'm Not Over"

No comments: