Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pavement ist rad.

Pavement ist rad.

So yesterday I'm, backstage in an old Pavement tour t-shirt when some dude grabs my shoulder and says ,"Nice shirt!" It takes a second to register that the dude is Spiral Stairs! Then he dragged me over to some of his friends to show off said my shirt exclaiming that even he no longer has that version even though it's one of his favorites.

And of course I totally blank and even though I'm carrying my camera I forget to ask to take a picture with him.

Also, Julia Stiles, you're welcome and I hope your friend ended up taking you to the Billy Goat for a cheeseburger.

Also, I have galleries of photos up:
Pitchfork Day One
Pitchfork Day Two

So far I've been having a blast, and folks have been super nice both backstage and out in the fields. I tried to repay a little karma by giving my food coupon to three volunteers figuring they could each get a taco ... and earlier in the day a security guard let me cut through his space to get somewhere else super-quick, so I made a point to go back and thank him later. A lot of writers/photographers tend to take these guys and gals for granted and can actually be kind of mean to them, so I wanted to make sure this dude knew that some of us are decent people and appreciate all their hard work.

No comments: