Wednesday, January 15, 2020

The return of The House Of Love!

Photo via the band's Facebook page
My very first show at The Metro was seeing The House of Love in 1990, something I celebrated when I was invited to speak at the venue's 35th anniversary party. That was also the year that the

Yesterday Keep sent me an excited text letting me know the band had just announced they would be returning to the road and will be in Chicago this coming May to play Subterranean!

The band hasn't toured the U.S. since 1992, so this is a really big deal! Well, to me, at least, And, I'm certain, many other folks that were Anglophiles in the late '80s and fell in love with the band way back then.*

At the time their "big" single (probably at the time only played on 'XRT) was "The Beatles And The Stones," but I always though "Hedonist" and "In A Room" were superior. In a different world they would've been bonafide hits singles. Well, my perfect world.



For this tour The House Of Love will be playing their self-titled debut album, which should not be confused with their self-titled sophomore effort that spawned the tracks I referenced above. I know, it's confusing, but such were the time for a British band in America back then! Anyway, that means this is another one of those "classic album" tours, but I imagine they'll have to play stuff off the second album as well, since they haven't been around here in so many decades.



Don't miss out! Tickets go on sale today.

*And, honestly, probably everyone whose stumbled across the band between now and then. It's hard not to fall in love, if not a really deep like, with them after hearing their music.


No comments: