Thursday, December 29, 2005

Time is blurry.

Between no work and no Photogal I really have nothing to keep me grounded. Yesterday I had grand plans to accomplish many, many things and the only thing I managed to do was fall asleep on the couch watching classic Warner Brothers cartoons by 8pm. Way to take advantage of all that time off Tankboy!

At least I have solid plans for the next three days so that should help keep me busy and regain my bearings. Here's where you can catch me:

Thursday

Rudy's girlfriend Kelly is spinning at innjoy. He says he will be there to "help" her but I've seen her vinyl collection and that girl needs no "help." I will be there sneaking drinks onto their tab and enjoying Kelly's funk and soul selections. And besides, what's hotter than a girl DJ?

Friday

Okay, maybe I have an answer to that "what's hotter" question. We are! As in me and Rudy. As in spinning a rare Friday night at innjoy. As in spinning on the Eve of New Year's Eve. As in the night that the pros go out since the following evening was ceded to the legions of amateurs decades ago. Come see me from 9pm until 2am. Yee-haw!

Saturday

New Year's Eve. Actually you can't catch me anywhere public this evening unless you're eating dinner at Bella Notte. The rest of the evening will be spent avoiding the amateurs in the streets by attending parties thrown by close friends in the company of even closer friends.

I'm sure I'll reiterate all this stuff as it approaches but hey, I wanted to help you fill out your social calendar early!

Speaking of social, last Tuesday at innjoy was -- as the kids say -- off the hook. Seriously crazy. Some divine hand from above was definitely assisting me with my song selections as I turned in a set that actually seemed to please just about everyone...both faces familiar and new. And there were a lot of new faces, which pleased me to no end.

Sick thought of the morning: I'm actually kind of bored and was considering going into the office today to spare a vacation day...will I do it or will I come to my senses? Tune in tomorrow to find out!

No comments: