Monday, September 11, 2006

The most stereotypical of Mondays.

It's raining and grey outside. My mom goes in for a pretty major surgery this morning. CNN has decided, for some unknown reason, to replay all of their original September 11, 2001 footage. I'm beginning to realize that when I drink, my judgement becomes severly compromised and I end up doing foolish things. Lucy the Dog has a cut on her leg she won't stop licking. Marshal Field's is now Macy's. I am really freaked out by my mom's surgery and seriously don't know how to deal with it. To celebrate paying off my car entirely, I dented the side of it while parking in our garage yesterday afternoon. I haven't been to the gym since Thursday. I'm beginning to realize that life is impossibly short and I need to start appreciating what I have instead of thinking about the things I don't have. I'm afraid for my mom.

It's a hell of a way to kick of the week.

UPDATE:
My mom is out of surgery ... so at least that part is over. I'm going to visit her later today when she comes out from under the anasthesia. The doctor warned there might be side-effects and such, but at least the surgery itself is out of the way.

No comments: