Wednesday, December 23, 2009

If you ever want your record reviewed...

If you ever want your music written about...

...here is an important piece of advice. Rip it to a reasonable (at least over 160 kbps) bitrate and include a link* to it when soliciting music writers. I understand you spent a lot of time on the physical CD, and probably sweated the details of the artwork to no end, and I don't mind if you want to send me actual, tangible proof of your efforts. I'm old school. i still like records and CDs and that whole holding them in your hands thing.

HOWEVER.

As a longtime music writer I can tell you this: the best way to get me to listen to your songs and consider reviewing your album or previewing your show is by giving me a download to you tunes so I can listen to them RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND.

*Use a site like Megaupload or YouSendIt or even betetr your own server but do NOT make people sit through bullshit like Rapidshare to get your tunes. Just a heads-up.

No comments: