Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Christmas Eve, and we are fortified against the cold.

It's Christmas Eve, and we are fortified against the cold.

The title is slightly misleading. We are fortified against the cold, but in Chicago it's actually reasonably warm right now.

Everything is wet and slushy after last night's ice storm but steadily rising temps have at least taken the non-stop peril out of walking a few blocks. The local liquor store was out of Maker's Mark (obviously one of the pitfalls of living in yuppie-land ... we're safer but more folks are prone to drink my fallback choice) so I had to settle for Knob Creek. And a 12-pack of beer. I figure those, bolstered by the case of mixed wine GalPal gave me last night, should get me through the next couple of days.

I'm kidding GalPal, I'll leave the wine (mostly) alone so we can enjoy it together!

No comments: