Monday, February 27, 2006

Black Ops.

You will all be pleased to note that, even with Photogal out of town this past weekend, while I had a lot of fun this weekend at no point did the "evil Tankboy" make an appearance after too many "drinky-drinks." I actually managed to just have a pretty darn good time. Saturday evening was a particular highlight since I ran into a lot of old friends I haven't seen in a long time and was able to do a lot of catching up. The only real snag in this weekend was when I retunred home Saturday night to discover that my house key had fallen out of my pocket during my cab ride home.¹

I suppose I can take solace in the fact that it is really difficult to break into our house and that if someone were to make the attempt I would be awake, on the phone and letting the cops in through the front door before an attempted breach was ever successfully concluded. It was a bit disconcerting though that an hour and a half of me banging on doors, walking around and testing windows, our dogs barking and (finally) the sound of shattering glass drew zero attention from my neighbors.

I finally did get in though. I'm not telling you how since I don't want to give anyone any ideas but i will say that it was not via our roof. I did consider trying that as a point of entry but then rapidly came to my senses and realized the quickest way to break my neck would probably be through drunkenly stumbling all over my roof.² Bye bye Tankboy.

Lessons learned? Well a) I learned to check for my keys before exiting a cab since had I done so Saturday I probably could have just gotten a ride to Rudy's (to crash) or Julie's (since she has one of our extra keys) and taken care of things that way. Also b) I learned that it's a bad idea to leave my cell-phone at home since even after the cab had left I could have tried to call someone for assistance. And finally c) I learned the best way to avoid this happening in the future is to teach the dogs how to open locks from the inside of the house so that next time they can just let me in instead of uselessly running all over the place barking their fool little heads off.

¹Just a reminder; Tankboy never drives drunk and neither should you!
²Eeeeeeeeeek!

No comments: