Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bring on the bloggers rock and/or roll...

Oh yeah, it's the very first Chicagoist CTRL-ALT-Rock show! This one's been a long time in the offing. Due to my background I was the natural choice as ringleader when it came to setting up the first Chicagoist live music showcase but i've got to admit that I've really enjoyed working with other people for once when it came to the nuts and bolts of promoting the show. Special props must go to Mr Scott Smith for handling a lot of the behind-the-scenes promotion stuff as well as introducing me to the second band playing tonight, May Or May Not. I love it when folks turn me on to great new music.

I can't tip you off to all the cool stuff we have planned tonight but it is suffice to say it would be in your best interests to get to Schuba's before the doors open at 8:30. Oh yeah, did I show you the nifty poster The Assembly came up with for this show? Look:


What a bunch of go-getters. Someone tell me why I never tried to scoop them up and manage them? Oh right, I don't want to manage bands because I'm afraid that would take all the fun out of it. Still...

Anyway, tonight will be awesome. However, and I picked Schubas for just this reason, it's going to get packed so get there early! Don't say I didn't warn you when you're stuck outside the music room sobbing and dripping your runny nose all into your beer while missing Alphabet's opening set.

So I'll see all of you tonight? Come up and say hi to me. I'll be the slightly soused guy with a head full of curly hair toweing over most of the crowd with a grin slitting my face from ear to ear.

No comments: