Tuesday, February 21, 2006

An idea considered as a replicator, esp. with the connotation that memes parasitize people into propagating them much as viruses do.

I have been tagged by both Rachelle and Nancy so okay I'll do this I'll do this!


4 Things


Four jobs I've had in my life:
1. Cook in a Vegetarian Coffeehouse
2. Talent Buyer
3. Trophy Engraver
4. Bookseller

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Breakfast At Tiffany's
2. Bladerunner
3. This Is Spinal Tap
4. Philadelphia Story

Four places I have lived:
1. McAllen, TX
2. Spring Lake, NJ
3. Riva, MD
4. Chicago, IL

Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. The Simpsons
2. Arrested Development
3. The Avengers
4. Monty Python's Flying Circus

Four places I have been on vacation:
1. Kiev, Ukraine
2. San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
3. London, UK
4. Krakow, Poland

Four websites I visit daily:
1. Chicagoist
2. Done Waiting
3. Fluxblog
4. Coolfer

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Popeye's Fried Chicken Breasts
2. My family's rather distinctive Birthday Cake
3. Chocolate Chip Cookies
4. Little Debbie's Snack Cakes/Swiss Cake Rolls

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. On my couch, with a pile of DVDs, books, news mags, Photogal and our dogs.
2. New York City, independently wealthy
3. I've never been to the Middle East or Africa and I think I'd like to see those places for myself.
4. At a show I booked featuring David Bowie, a regrouped Pavement and The Flaming Lips. Oh yeah, and the original Pink Floyd line-up. Playing Double Door. That would be pretty cool.

Four bloggers I am tagging:
1. I will steal a page from Erin's book and let you all of the hook by tagging no one.

__________

The geek out continues!

My little brother lent me the first season of the reimagined Battlestar Gallactica and thus far it fucking rocks harder than I thought was possible for a new millennial rehash of a treasured memory of mine. Especially since a certain boyish yet hot blonde has taken over the spot previously held by one of my youthful imaginary idols. I am fully prepared for it to being to suck and get overly soap opera-ish but until that point I'm gonna enjoy myself.

By the way, and forgive me if this has actually been touched on since I've read an amount of press roughly equivalent to nil in regards to this show, but doesn’t the writing/social structure/equality of sexes (like I said, thus far and by that I mean the four hour pilot) as well as the general feeling of TANSTAAFL bear a striking resemblance to the world created by a certain R. Heinlein?

__________

About templates and my lack of knowledge thereof.

For years anyone reading this site using anything other than Explorer probably noticed that the frames were all fucked and some stuff was probably hard to read. Well, I lifted this template from an ancient version of Blogger and grew attached to it (but, more precisely, I also grew terribly afraid of fucking things up if I tried to "improve" or "fix" anything with my severely limited knowledge of code) and learned to just sort of live with its foibles and flaws.

Well, just the other day Jon dropped me an e-mail with a suggestion for a fix to my little quandary -- detailed in such a way that even an idiot like myself could easily follow along -- and thirty seconds later four years of funky flawed design was righted!

I (and I suspect a large segment of my readership from this point on) owe Jon a huge wet kiss.

__________

ENOUGH ALREADY!

This post has veered closely to teenage A/V-titude so allow me to provide inoculate against permanent damage by once again reminding you that the DJ evening pictured next to "hipster haven" in the dictionary is still going strong Tuesdays at Pontiac. Tonight should be extra wobbly since we're celebrating our good friend JB's birthday. Plus, hear cuts off the new Flaming Lips and Secret Machines discs. Woweewoweewow!

No comments: